Tag Archives: Merchant Mariner Credentials

Do You Need a TWIC?

USCG Policy Letter 11-15 states who is not required to enroll in the TWIC program. The short answer is two part. If you have NEVER enrolled in the TWIC program than you will need to enroll in it for the original … Continue reading

Posted in Frequently Asked Questions, Scuttlebutt | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

How to Get a Captain License

Getting a professional mariner license, AKA Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), is not a spontaneous action; it is a process that requires planning and perseverance. The application that you present to the Coast Guard will consist of several CG 719 series forms, along with … Continue reading

Posted in How to ..... | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

500/1600 ton License Prep Course

We offer a 500/1600 ton License Prep class for mariners seeking National Officer Endorsements that require examination at a USCG Regional Exam Center (REC). The cost of this course is $1,500 and the mariner has one-year to complete the course and … Continue reading

Posted in School News | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Regulation Update

On March 24, 2014 the US Code of Federal Regulations was updated to reflect changes to Merchant Mariner Credentials that were made to comply with the 2010 STCW convention in Manila. These changes primarily addressed updates to International STCW Endorsements that … Continue reading

Posted in Scuttlebutt | Tagged , | Leave a comment