How to get a professional Merchant Mariner Endorsement (MMC)
It should be noted that this quest is not for the faint of heart; it is a quest that requires stamina and perseverance. Here is an outline of the quest to get a professional credentials. All Coast Guard forms, along with instructions and other information is available on my website: www.ColumbiaPacificMaritime.com
First Step: Professional Requirements
Research the professional requirement pages of my website to determine the credential you need and the professional requirements, or qualifying sea service experience, for that credential.
Second Step: Complete US Coast Guard Application Package
The application package is a collection of Coast Guard forms and other, including:
- Documenting your qualifying experience (Coast Guard form 719S).
- Enrolling in the TWIC program.
- Getting a Merchant Mariner physical exam (Coast Guard form 719K) and USCG/DOT Drug Screening (Coast Guard form 719P).
- Completing an American Red Cross or American Heart Association combined First Aid/CPR class within one year of the course completion date.
- Deliver the application package to a USCG Regional Exam Center (REC).
Third Step: Demonstrate Professional Knowledge and Skills
Select the course you need from our approved course list. All the courses we provide are USCG approved for meeting the professional examination requirements for the indicated license; meaning that after completing our course no additional exams are required at the Coast Guard.