If you have lost your Merchant Mariner Credentials (MMC) due to superstorm Sandy, or some other reason, you can have duplicate credentials issued free of charge by faxing or emailing a statement of loss to the National Maritime Center at: fax (304) 433-3416 / email email@example.com. The statement should contain the following:
- Full name of the mariner.
- Mariner’s Date of Birth.
- Mariner’s Reference Number (If you don’t know the reference number include the social security number).
- The mailing address that the replacement credential should be sent to.
- Current phone number and/or email address that we can use to contact the mariner in the event of questions.
- Description of the circumstances surrounding the loss/destruction of the credential.
- We will make every effort to have duplicate credentials mailed out the next business day.
Alternatively, mariners may submit a 719B Application to one of the Regional Exam Centers with the information above. If your credential is unserviceable due to damage or your lost credential is subsequently found, that credential should be mailed to the NMC at 100 Forbes Drive, Martinsburg, WV 25404.