The requirements for chemical drug screening of credentialed mariners is contained in 46 CFR Part 16 Chemical Testing. In short, these regulations state that all mariners employed on a vessel carrying passengers or cargo for hire, or engaged in any other commercial enterprise, must participate in a random USCG / DOT Drug Screening program. And, yes, the USCG / DOT Drug Screening tests for Marijuana as well as other dangerous drugs. These random drug screening programs are called consortiums and the consortium that you participate in must be a maritime consortium. Here are a couple of links to maritime consortiums.
UnCruise Adventures is now hiring Chief Mates & Deckhands–Licensed for our summer 2019 sailing season in Alaska!
We are reviewing applications as they come in and contacting qualified candidates within two weeks.
Interested applicants should apply online: www.uncruise.com/careers.
It is the mission of Columbia Pacific Maritime to provide frequently scheduled professional training courses for mariners seeking Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) National Deck Endorsements.
At Columbia Pacific Maritime we are more concerned about providing the mariner with frequent scheduling options that we are about scheduling full classes. Our promise to you is that we will never cancel a course due to low enrollment, in fact we are happy to instruct a class for a single student.
Please call (503) 841-6066 or visit www.ColumbiaPacificMaritime.com for course and scheduling information.
Courses available 7-days a week:
- Radar Recertification (1-day / $250)
- License Refresher (1-day / $250)
- Assistance Towing Endorsement (1/2-day / $125)
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement (1/2-day / $125)
Courses available twice a week:
- Apprentice Mate (steersman) of Towing Upgrade (2-days / $450)
- Master / Mate of Fishing Vessel Upgrade (2-days / $450)
Courses available every two-weeks:
- OUPV 6-pack (8-days / $1,050)
- Master 100-ton (10-days / $1,250)
- Apprentice Mate (steersman) of Towing (16-days / $2,350)
- Master / Mate of Fishing (16-days / $2.350)
- License Prep 500 / 1600-ton (Days as needed / $2,500)
- Upgrade Master 100 to 200-ton (4-days / $650)
- Upgrade Master 100 or 200-ton Inland to Near Coastal (4-days / $650)
- Upgrade OUPV 6-pack to Master 100-ton (4-days / $650)
- Upgrade OUPV 6-pack Inland to Near Coastal (4-days / $650)
Courses available once a month:
- Radar Observer Unlimited (5-days / $850)
- Combined Radar and ARPA (7-days / $1,050)
- ARPA (4-days / $650) Includes a free radar renewal on request
- Celestial Navigation (200-tons) (10-days / $1,250)
SDS Tug & Barge has immediate openings for the following positions:
Operator: ***Must possess a Masters license with towing endorsement***
SDS Tug & Barge is located in Bingen, WA. We have a current fleet of 6 Towing Vessels. We navigated the waters of the Columbia, Snake and Willamette Rivers.
Week on week off rotation, Competitive wages, eligible for health benefits after 90 days of employment, eligible to enter 401k profit sharing after 1 year of employment. All interested and qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Columbia Pacific Maritime we are more interested in providing schedule options to the mariners we serve than having every class scheduled full. Our guarantee is that we will never cancel a class due to low enrollment. The school opens at 0730 daily, 7-days a week any day that we have a single student scheduled.
Radar Renewal (1-day $250) and License Refresher (1-day $250) courses are offered 7-days a week by appointment. Our most popular course are scheduled to start every two-weeks.
- OUPV (8-days $1,050)
- Master 100-ton (10-days $1,250)
- Master / Mate 200-ton (14-days $1,900)
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) (16-days $2,350)
- Master / Mate Fishing Vessels 500-5,000-tons (16-days $2,350)
- License Prep 500/1600-ton Inland (TBD $2,500)
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100-ton (4-days $650)
- Upgrade OUPV Inland to Near Coastal (4-days $650)
- Upgrade Master 100-ton to Master / Mate 200-ton (4-days $650)
- Upgrade Master 100 or 200-ton Inland to Near Coastal (4-days $650)
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade (2-days $450)
- Master / Mate Fishing Vessel Upgrade (2-days $450)
Other classes that we offer are scheduled once a month as space and time allows.
- Able Seaman (5-days $750)
- Radar Observer Unlimited (5-days $850)
- ARPA (4-days $600)
- Combined Radar Observer and ARPA (7-days $1,100)
- Celestial Navigation (200-tons) (10-days $1,200)
Please call (503) 841-6066 or visit our website (www.ColumbiaPacificMaritime.com) for more information.
Willamette Jetboat is looking for qualified boat operators for the 2019 summer season. USCG license required. $20-25/hr. FT/PT seasonal positions available. Prepare now for great fun and pay!
Contact Andy at email@example.com
Columbia Pacific Maritime INC
Because of the recent demand for our License Prep and Celestial Navigation (200-ton) courses we have added more scheduling options.
The 500 / 1600-ton Inland License prep Course ($2,500) is now available to start every two weeks. This course requires the mariner to attend two weeks (14 consecutive days) of lecture/lab classes followed by license prep lab time to refine the skills to the point where they are passing USCG practice exams in the classroom.
The Celestial Navigation (200-ton) Course ($1,200) is now available in October 2018, and in January, February, and March 2019. This 10-day course will satisfy the celestial exam requirements for adding an All Oceans route to a National Master 200-ton or less, National Master Mate or Apprentice Mate of Towing, or to a National Mate of Fishing 5,000-tons or less.
Check our website or call (503) 841-6066 for more information.