CPM is Moving to Coos Bay

Columbia Pacific Maritime (CPM) will be closed during the month of April 2020 while we move to Coos Bay, Oregon. All classes scheduled after April 2020 will be held in Coos Bay, Oregon.

Our new location will be on the second floor of the Newmark Center of Southwestern Oregon Community College (SWOCC) campus. The physical location of the Newmark Center is 2110 Newmark Ave., Coos Bay, Oregon 97420. The classroom will be located in room 207 and the office will be in room 208 adjacent to the classroom.

Please call 503-841-6066 for more information.

Posted in School News, Scuttlebutt | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Tugboat Deckhand Position Available

Samson Mariner / Samson Tug and Barge is hiring AB deckhands and cook deckhands. The daily rate is $325 with overtime for over 12-hours per day. Email your resume to SamsonMariner@ocens.com or fax it to (907) 747-5370.

The Samson Mariner is a seagoing tug operated by Samson Tug and Barge that transports cargo barges throughout Alaskan waters between Seattle and Dutch Harbor.

Posted in Employment Opportunities | Leave a comment

License Prep Update

License Prep is for mariners seeking National Officer Endorsements for inspected vessels greater than 200GRT, meaning tonnage limitations of 500GRT 1600GRT. My recommendation is, after receiving your approval to test letter from the Nation Maritime Center, the mariner to sign up for LapWare at www.lapware.org. The cost of LapWare is a $50 signup fee, and a $100 per month subscription fee, making it the best bang for the buck in license prep. Go through as much of the program as you can on your own. If you find that you need some tutoring, I charge $500 per week for my time. That is about as simple and inexpensive as I can make it.

Posted in Frequently Asked Questions, School News | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Radar Renewal Rule and Policy Published

On June 07, 2019, the Coast Guard published a final rule titled “Amendments to the Marine Radar Observer Refresher Training Regulations.” The rule amends the requirements for renewal of a radar observer endorsement for mariners who have at least one year (360 days) of relevant service in the previous five years or have taught a Coast Guard approved or accepted radar course at least twice within the past five years.

The final rule is effective July 22, 2019 and can be found in the Federal Register at
Amendments to the Marine Radar Observer Refresher Training Regulations, 84 Fed. Reg. 26580 (June 7, 2019).

Associated CG-MMC Policy Letter 03-19 provides guidance for renewal of endorsements as Radar Observer (Unlimited), Radar Observer (Inland), and Radar Observer (Rivers).

Posted in Scuttlebutt | Tagged | Leave a comment

Chart-boat Captain Needed

Image | Posted on by | Leave a comment

Charter-Boat Captain Needed

Tamera Garibaldi Charters is hiring captains. Call (305) 849-0493 OR (503) 322-0007 for more information.

Posted in Employment Opportunities | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Jetboat Pilots and Deckhands Wanted Now!

Jetboat Pilots!

Have fun and get paid driving for Willamette Jetboat!  Season PT positions available now.  Must have USCG license. 

Jetboat Deckhand Positions!

Be part of Willamette Jetboat.  Great way to get time towards a USCG license.  Must enroll in drug testing program.  Will train.

Email andy@willamettejet.com to apply.

Posted in Employment Opportunities | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment