This captain job is a unique opportunity. I have been told by people who have done it that this is one of the most fun captain’s job they have had.
- Job includes maintaining the safety and steerage of a 16 passenger pedal powered vessel. The Brew-Barge operates on the Willamette river, and runs several 1.5 hour cruises daily. Passengers bring their own brews and snacks while viewing Portland from the water. Our season of operations is April first-mid October.
- Captain’s who have a social inclination are preferred as you will be interacting with passengers and crew throughout the journey.
Requirements: USCG master license and Ability to be a team player
Pay: $25/hour + tips
To Apply: Email Samantha Meyer – email@example.com Please list your relevant job experience and little about yourself in the email.
Able Seaman needed for Military Sealift Command
Title, Series, Grade (Code) Able Seaman (M) WM 9925-8 (162)
Base Salary: $41,437 Per annum
Type of Appointment: Excepted Service Career-Conditional Opening
American Steamboat Company
Openings for 2nd Mate, Deckhand and EMT onboard the American Empress sailing the Columbia River in Washington and Oregon. Job descriptions links below.
Contact Jake Baird for more information: (360) 713-8581 / JBaird@aqsc.com
Pacific NW Sportsman Show
Stop by our booth and say hi. Leave with a free t-shirt while the supply lasts.
Towing endorsements are the most commonly misunderstood of all the officer endorsements.
First of all Master of Towing and Mate of Towing have no tonnage limitations and does not require the mariner to hold an inspected vessel officer endorsement. Master of Towing, Mate of Towing, and Apprentice Mate (Steersman) of Towing are all endorsements in themselves. The requirements to qualify for a towing endorsement are clearly defined in 46 CFR Parts 11.463 through 11.466.
These regulations identify the primary path for Towing Vessel endorsements as:
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) of Towing Vessels. This endorsement requires 540 days of total sea service experience that includes 360 days of towing vessels.
- Mate (Pilot) of Towing Vessels. This endorsement requires 900 days of total sea service experience that includes 360 days while holding an Apprentice Mate (steersman) of Towing Vessels, and completion of the T.O.A.R. (Towing Officer Assessment Record).
- Master of Towing. This endorsement requires 1440 days of total sea service experience that includes 540 days as Mate of Towing while holding an endorsement as Mate (Pilot) of Towing Vessels.
Alternative paths for mariners holding existing officer endorsements include:
- An alternative path to Mate or Master of Towing intended for mariners holding inspected vessel endorsements of 500 GRT or higher is to complete 30 days of training and observation on towing vessels, and complete a T.O.A.R. and they may operate any towing vessel within the limitations on their endorsement.
- An alternative path to Mate of Towing indented for mariners holding Master (inspected vessels) 200 tons or less is to complete 3-years as Master of inspected vessels operated under the authority of the Master endorsement, complete the Apprentice Mate exams, and 30 days of training and observation on towing vessels, and complete a T.O.A.R. and they will be issued a Mate of towing
For more information please see the Towing Vessel page on my website >>
Please email me know if you have any other questions, I are here to help.
The Empress sails on the Columbia and Snake Rivers in Oregon and Washington. She is in need of crew to sail as deckhand, oiler, and EMT.
Please contact Jake Baird at American Steamboat Company to for more information or to apply.
Togiak River Lodge in Alaska is looking for fishing guides to work the upcoming season. Contact Kevin Lund at (503)407-3733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Togiak River Lodge >>